We’re looking for editorial, marketing/social media and video production interns! Applicants should be either college students or recent grads who are hoping to gain more experience in the fields listed above and have a passion for Asian American issues and pop culture. Bringing a positive attitude to our office every day is also a big plus. Please include a resumé, cover letter, and examples of your past work with your application.
Passionate about Asian American issues? Looking to get some writing clips in your portfolio? Interested in attending exclusive movie premieres and industry events? Well, we’re now seeking passionate editorial interns interested in gaining hands-on reporting experience while learning the ins and outs of working for a news media organization in a fast-paced environment for Spring 2020.
Character Media (formerly known as Kore Asian Media), is the only print publication to cover Asian Americans working in entertainment. We’ve been a trusted news source for more than 25 years.
During your time with us, you’ll be helping us plan and write for our website and monthly magazine. You’ll also have the chance to attend and assist with events—from our annual entertainment gala to concerts and celebrity photo shoots.
Interested applicants should be either college students or recent journalism grads with a healthy appetite for Asian American issues and pop culture. This is not a remote position—applicants must be able to commute to our offices in Gardena.
- Assist with coordinating Character‘s monthly editorial calendar
- Writing daily news and online content
- Writing monthly print articles
- Attending events and writing post-event coverage
- Researching and interviewing talent
- Transcribing, fact-checking and editing
We offer college credit or a small monthly stipend. Please provide a cover letter, a resumé and two news writing clips to email@example.com.
Marketing/Social Media Internship
We are now seeking passionate marketing interns interested in gaining hands-on experience with social media and email marketing.
Duties include being up-to-date on social media trends (plus all things Asian American), drafting social media copy, possibly designing social media graphics and assisting with planning small events.
- Show up 20 hours per week to our offices in Gardena with a creative, can-do attitude (Only 2-3 days per week)
- Gather social media analytics
- Draft social media copy
- Design social media posts (Some graphic design/Adobe Photoshop experience preferred)
- Assist with collecting photos and inputting metadata into our upcoming stock image site (Extreme attention to detail required)
We offer college credit OR a small monthly stipend. Please email you cover letter and resumé to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Video Production Internship
We’re looking for a video production fellow to join our driven creative team. Fellows will be expected to research, pitch original ideas, film, edit digital content and be ready to do some all around video production for charactermedia.com. Video topics cover a broad spectrum of subjects highlighting Asian American content.
Minimum qualifications include:
- Being currently enrolled in college or recent graduate
- Film production background or other film experience
- Body of published work from the last three year
- Ability to meet deadlines and multitask
- Strong news judgment and a spirit of enterprise
- Social media know-how
- A go-getter who can take directions and apply them to their work.
- A team-player mindset, a positive attitude and an interest in Asian American issues and topics
The ideal candidate is someone with a strong willingness to be a team player who can handle the quick nature of run-and-gun shoots. He or she should be able to work under pressure in a productive way, be comfortable working with celebrities, public figures and high-ranking clients and willing to contribute their talents to making fresh, innovative video content. We will be covering Asian American entertainment, food, sports, etc.
We offer college credit OR a small monthly stipend. To apply, please email your cover letter and resumé to email@example.com with the subject line “Character Freelance Video Application.”