We’re looking for marketing/social media, editorial and video production interns! Applicants should be either college students or recent grads who are hoping to gain more experience in the fields listed above and have a passion for Asian American issues and pop culture. Bringing a positive attitude to our office every day is also a big plus. Please include a resumé, cover letter, and examples of your past work with your application.
Marketing/Social Media Internship
We are now seeking passionate marketing interns interested in gaining hands-on experience with social media and email marketing.
Duties include being up-to-date on social media trends (plus all things Asian American), drafting social media copy, possibly designing social media graphics and assisting with planning small events.
- Show up 20 hours per week to our offices in Gardena with a creative, can-do attitude (Only 2-3 days per week)
- Gather social media analytics
- Draft social media copy
- Design social media posts (Some graphic design/Adobe Photoshop experience preferred)
- Assist with collecting photos and inputting metadata into our upcoming stock image site (Extreme attention to detail required)
We offer college credit OR a small monthly stipend. Please email your cover letter and resumé to Audrey@charactermedia.com.
Video Production Internship
We’re looking for a video production fellow to join our driven creative team. Fellows will be expected to research, help film, edit digital content and be ready to do some all around video production for charactermedia.com. Video topics cover a broad spectrum of subjects highlighting Asian American content, including entertainment, food, music, sports and more.
Minimum qualifications include:
- Currently enrolled in college or recent graduate
- Film production background or other film experience
- Body of published work in the last three years
- Ability to meet deadlines and multitask
- Strong news judgment and a spirit of enterprise
- Social media know-how
- A go-getter who can take directions and apply it to their work
- A team-player mindset, a positive attitude and an interest in Asian American issues and topics
The ideal candidate is someone with a strong willingness to be a team player who can handle the quick nature of run-and-gun shoots. He or she should be able to work under pressure in a productive way, be comfortable working with celebrities, public figures and high-ranking clients and willing to contribute their talents to making fresh, innovative video content.
We offer college credit OR a small monthly stipend. To apply, please email your cover letter and resumé to Charles@charactermedia.com with the subject line “Character Freelance Video Application.”
We’re looking for editorial interns! Applicants should be either college students or recent grads with a background in English, Communications, Journalism or related fields. Interns will need to conduct research, interview talent, write/edit content and be able to report in front of the camera for our website and social media platforms. The ideal candidate is someone with a strong willingness to be a team player who can handle time management and quick turnarounds. He/she/they should be able to work under pressure in a productive way, be comfortable working with celebrities, public figures and high-ranking clients and be willing to contribute their talents to making fresh, innovative video content. We will be covering Asian American entertainment, food, sports and more. Candidates should live in the Southern California area and be willing to commute to our Gardena offices 2-3 days a week.
Minimum qualifications include:
- Background in English, Communications, Journalism or related fields
- At least 1-2 years of relevant experience
- Comfortable in front of the camera
- Exceptional writing and verbal communication skills
- Extremely organized and detail-oriented
- An interest in Asian American issues and topics (particularly entertainment)
We offer college credit OR a small monthly stipend. Please email your cover letter, resumé and two news writing clips to Cu@charactermedia.com with the subject line “CM Editorial Internship Application.”