We’re looking for marketing/social media and video production interns! Applicants should be either college students or recent grads who are hoping to gain more experience in the fields listed above and have a passion for Asian American issues and pop culture. Bringing a positive attitude to our office every day is also a big plus. Please include a resumé, cover letter, and examples of your past work with your application.
Marketing/Social Media Internship
We are now seeking passionate marketing interns interested in gaining hands-on experience with social media and email marketing.
Duties include being up-to-date on social media trends (plus all things Asian American), drafting social media copy, possibly designing social media graphics and assisting with planning small events.
- Show up 20 hours per week to our offices in Gardena with a creative, can-do attitude (Only 2-3 days per week)
- Gather social media analytics
- Draft social media copy
- Design social media posts (Some graphic design/Adobe Photoshop experience preferred)
- Assist with collecting photos and inputting metadata into our upcoming stock image site (Extreme attention to detail required)
We offer college credit OR a small monthly stipend. Please email your cover letter and resumé to Audrey@charactermedia.com.
Video Production Internship
We’re looking for a video production fellow to join our driven creative team. Fellows will be expected to research, help film, edit digital content and be ready to do some all around video production for charactermedia.com. Video topics cover a broad spectrum of subjects highlighting Asian American content, including entertainment, food, music, sports and more.
Minimum qualifications include:
- Currently enrolled in college or recent graduate
- Film production background or other film experience
- Body of published work in the last three years
- Ability to meet deadlines and multitask
- Strong news judgment and a spirit of enterprise
- Social media know-how
- A go-getter who can take directions and apply it to their work
- A team-player mindset, a positive attitude and an interest in Asian American issues and topics
The ideal candidate is someone with a strong willingness to be a team player who can handle the quick nature of run-and-gun shoots. He or she should be able to work under pressure in a productive way, be comfortable working with celebrities, public figures and high-ranking clients and willing to contribute their talents to making fresh, innovative video content.
We offer college credit OR a small monthly stipend. To apply, please email your cover letter and resumé to Charles@charactermedia.com with the subject line “Character Freelance Video Application.”
Passionate about Asian American issues? Looking to add some writing clips to your portfolio? Interested in attending exclusive movie premieres and industry events? Well, we’re now seeking passionate editorial interns interested in gaining hands-on reporting experience while learning the ins and outs of working for a news media organization in a fast-paced environment for Summer and Fall 2023.
Character Media (formerly known as Kore Asian Media, Audrey Magazine and Koream Journal), is the longest-running print publication to cover Asian Americans working in entertainment. We’ve been a trusted news source for over 30 years.
During your time with us, you’ll be helping us plan and write for our website and annual magazine issue. You’ll also have the chance to attend and assist with events—from our yearly entertainment gala to screenings and celebrity photoshoots.
Interested applicants should be either college students or recent journalism grads with a healthy appetite for Asian American issues and pop culture. This is not a remote position—applicants must be able to commute to our offices in Gardena two times a week.
- Assist with Character’s annual print magazine
- Writing daily news and online content (including listicles, Q&As, etc.)
- Researching and interviewing talent
- Transcribing, fact-checking and editing
- Writing social media copy
- Assist in preparing for Character events
- Attending events and writing post-event coverage
We offer college credit or a small monthly stipend. Please provide a cover letter, a resumé and three writing clips (including one feature article) to firstname.lastname@example.org.