We’re looking for video production interns, editorial interns and marketing/design interns! Applicants should be either college students or recent grads who are hoping to gain more experience in the fields listed above and have a passion for Asian and Pacific Islander issues and pop culture. Bringing a positive attitude to our office every day is also a big plus. Please include a resumé, cover letter and examples of your past work with your application.
Video Production Internship
We’re looking for a video production intern to join our driven creative team. Interns will be expected to research, film, edit digital content and be ready to do some all-around video production for charactermedia.com. Video topics cover a broad spectrum of subjects highlighting Asian and Pacific Islander content, including entertainment, food, music, sports and more.
Requirements and Skills:
- Currently enrolled in college or recent graduate
- Film production background or other film experience
- Proficiency in editing software (ex. Adobe Premiere Pro, Final Cut Pro, etc.)
- Body of published work in the last three years
- Ability to meet deadlines and multitask
- Strong news judgment and a spirit of enterprise
- Social media know-how
- A go-getter who can take directions and apply it to their work
- A team-player mindset, a positive attitude and an interest in API issues and topics
The ideal candidate is someone with a strong willingness to be a team player who can handle the quick nature of run-and-gun shoots. They should be able to work under pressure productively, be comfortable working with celebrities, public figures or high-ranking clients and be willing to contribute their talents to making fresh, innovative video content.
We offer college credit OR a small monthly stipend. To apply, please email your cover letter and resumé to Charles@charactermedia.com with the subject line “Character Video Production Internship Application.”
Passionate about Asian and Pacific Islander issues? Looking to add some writing clips to your portfolio? Interested in attending exclusive movie premieres and industry events? Well, we’re now seeking passionate editorial interns interested in gaining hands-on reporting experience while learning the ins and outs of working for a news media organization in a fast-paced environment for Spring 2024.
Character Media (formerly known as Kore Asian Media, Audrey Magazine and KoreAm Journal), is the longest-running print publication to cover Asian Americans working in entertainment. We’ve been a trusted news source for over 30 years.
During your time with us, you’ll be helping us plan and write for our website and annual magazine issue. You’ll also have the chance to attend and assist with events—from our yearly awards gala to screenings and celebrity photoshoots.
Interested applicants should be either college students or recent journalism grads with a healthy appetite for API issues and pop culture. This is not a remote position—applicants must be able to commute to our offices in Gardena two times a week.
- Assist with Character Media’s annual print magazine
- Writing daily news and online content (including listicles, Q&As, etc.)
- Researching and interviewing talent
- Transcribing, fact-checking and editing
- Writing social media copy
- Assist in preparing for CM events
- Attending events and writing post-event coverage
We offer college credit or a small monthly stipend. Please provide a cover letter, a resumé and three writing clips (including one feature article) to Jasmine@charactermedia.com.
We are currently seeking passionate interns interested in gaining hands-on experience in entertainment marketing with a strong background in social media and design. Applicants must be currently enrolled in college or a recent graduate, be able to commute to our offices in Gardena at least 20 hours a week (2-3 days per week) and be passionate about Asian and Pacific Islander representation in entertainment and culture.
- Support editorial and video teams as needed with designs, layouts and imagery
- Compose social media/marketing copy (ex. tag official accounts, utilize appropriate hashtags, etc.) while maintaining Character Media’s voice across different platforms
- Research SEO keywords and create paid media Google ads to increase audience reach
- Ideate digital marketing strategies and initiatives across all platforms for branding, retention and engagement
- Assist the Creative Director in event planning, pitch meetings and potential sponsored partnerships
- Research talent and upcoming projects to be covered
- Brainstorm content ideas with editorial and video teams
- Actively assist on photo and video shoots including creating one-page bios, prepping greenrooms and other production duties
- Create weekly email newsletters on Mailchimp
Requirements and Skills:
- Adobe Photoshop (required), Adobe Illustrator/InDesign/Lightroom/Bridge (preferred)
- Understanding of analytics, SEO and social media
- Microsoft or Google suite
- Squarespace/WordPress knowledge (preferred)
- General knowledge of Asians and Pacific Islanders in media
We offer college credit OR a small monthly stipend. Please email your cover letter and resumé to Audrey@charactermedia.com.