Here’s the Trailer for Jennifer Yuh Nelson’s ‘The Darkest Minds’ Adaptation

20th Century Fox just released the trailer for director Jennifer Yuh Nelson’s “The Darkest Minds” — and we are shook.

Based on Alexandra Bracken’s novel of the same name, the film, which is set for a August 3 release, is set in a world in which 98 percent of the world’s children perish from a disease called Idiopathic Adolescent Acute Neurodegeneration (IAAN). The remaining 2 percent develop strange, inexplicable powers that not only make them a threat to others, but to themselves as well.

Children, detained in rehabilitation camps until they are cured of their powers, are experimented on by the government.

At the center of the story is Ruby Daly (Amanda Stenberg), a teenage girl and one of the most powerful, dangerous young minds known to date. She, along with other fugitives Liam (Harris Dickinson), Chubs (Skylan Brooks) and Zu (Miya Cech), escape the camps to seek refuge and instead find themselves at the head of a revolution.

“The Darkest Minds” is Nelson’s live-action feature debut. She’s best known for helming DreamWorks’ Kung Fu Panda franchise.

Watch the trailer: